Sunday, January 2, 2011

Project: Design a Paper collection based on your notebook research

At the beginning of 2nd year, we started an on going notebook project , to be based around a collection of objects . The collection could be interpreted however you liked wether it was a collection of objects, people, animals it didn't matter .

My boyfriends dad had been diving down to the ship wreckage of  RMS Lusitiania and collected various objects from the sunken ship. He showed me a box full of the railings from the ship, portholes, old daggers and various other objects. The objects had beautiful colors and after taking off some of the barnacles you could see the dagger still had a shiny blade.The ship was torpedoed by a german U-boat in 1915 off the head kinsale, Ireland. So I decided to use these objects as the basis for my collection notebook that would be developed into my paper collection for mens wear accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment